Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post New Member

I was referred here from ENWorld because I'm trying to increase my skill with Photoshop and Illustrator to make some quality maps. Aside from that, I'm an RPG freelancer who has been in the industry now for about 8 years.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Please post some of your work (if you can) and feel free to ask questions. You'll find the folks here very helpful.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild, Darrin. Make sure you check out the Mapping Resources section (especially the Tutorials) to learn lots of great stuff.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Post I've seen the name

Welcome to the Guild. I've seen your name while lurking ENWorld forums, even who you used to work for, etc, etc. I've got a couple threads in the Art & Cartography forum there (as well as many others here to.)

We've got both Illustrator and Photoshop map gurus here, as well as tutorials in similar apps, like GIMP that you could duplicate in Photoshop.

Post some of your past maps or map in progress - that's the fastest way to learn here.

Again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the Guild, Darrin. If mapping knowledge is what you're looking for, you've come to the right place. Enjoy youtr stay.

Thanks for the welcome!

So yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of Photoshop and Illustrator, which is why I'm here. I'd love to be able to put together some professional looking maps. Not only could I start doing that as a service to some of the people I work for, but it would be cool to offer top notch looking stuff to my players for our regular game. I also love world building and I'm always tossing around the notion of starting up a new homebrew world. Right now seems like as good a time as any to start learning.