Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crater lake

Guild Member

Forest looks very nice to me. It's thick but subtle in a natural way, if that makes any sense. It's dense but it doesn't stand out or seem out of place. It might be worth changing one or two things, but that's just my opinion.

For example, those mountains (to me) are perfect for one or two very thin rivers to flow from them down into the lake. As for the forest itself, I really like the way it looks but the borders of it seem too consistent. By that I mean, it might be worth having the forest density gradually thin out a bit as it reaches the ends.

Decided to add a small village. Here is the first sample of the design I'm looking for...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake-06.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	65360  

I had to change the way I did the forest to match better with the houses. Requires still small twaking but I leave it like this for the time being. I might do more than just this one village. Maybe some mining and/or trading outposts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake-07.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	65373  

That is absolute amazing. Makes me think about the first "Myst" game for some strange reason. Keep the good work up!

I love it. BTW, I've been wondering for some time how you go about making your buildings. I imagine that the base layer is some type of bevel & emboss with a pattern overlay, but how do get all those chimneys and extra details? Are you manually adding each of them?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

pasis, this looks so great, I've got this tab open for three days now, wondering what to say! It looks just like an areal photograph.

Thumbs up!

Love all the detail!

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Arsheesh, I will creare a new house, document the process and post the instructions. You will be amazed how easy it is!

Attached is a guick guide on how to create the houses in the village. I had no time to describe all the steps in smallest detail, but I hope you can follow it anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guide to create realistic looking miniature houses v1.0.pdf  

Guild Adept

Beautiful work as usual, and thanks for the tutorial!
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast