Thread: May/June 2014 Challenge: Kyraa's Last Refuge

Wip May/June 2014 Challenge: Kyraa's Last Refuge

Kyraa was accepted by her fellow adventurers even though she was a witch. She proved to be very resourceful and saved their lives several times. But when she retired and left the group she found the average townsfolk treated her with suspicion & fear. Kyraa found an old tower on a small hill far enough away that she didn't have to constantly defend herself from misguided peasants.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kyraa's Last Refuge.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	64737

Still some work to do, let me know if you have any ideas.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The villagers didn't trust her. You could hear the angry mutterings as they passed in the market. "Witch" they would hiss as she passed. The mountain was her only retreat and she was glad for it.....

Oh boy..... Looks great Bogie. If I could offer one bit of feedback; the grass texture is a little repetitive and perhaps a bit more shadow on the rock faces but other than that it looks awesome. (sorry about jumping into your story, sometimes I can't help myself... )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

LOL! I like your take on the storyline. I didn't like that grass much either. I have some better ones, I just have to find them, but I wanted to get a rough draft posted before I go away for the weekend.

Guild Journeyer

I like the mountains.

Keng

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

An imposing citadel never hurts to suitably impress those villagers when they realize they might need Kyraa's help and come calling. Even the gate is the more ominous for being wide open, she clearly fears nothing!

Nice work, is there more to come?

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks guys! Last edit. Added more shadows, trees and a turret roof to the center of the structure.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kyraa's Last Refuge_bg.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	64932

Now I have to go get tonight's game ready.