Thread: Tweaked/updated version of my first world/continent map!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map Tweaked/updated version of my first world/continent map!

Yo my dudes/dudettes, I posted an earlier version of this map a few months back and got some pretty solid feedback/critique, mostly about the font/text consistency and river placement/dynamics. I haven't reworked the rivers because I didn't want to impact my currently-running D&D campaign but I've gone back and redone the text all in black and toned down alot of the outlines and other stuff. I think I'll prolly go back once more and cut down on the number of different fonts, but I've done a bunch of subtle tweaks in the meantime including color and tonal stuff, as well as redoing the scale bar.

Any further feedback is appreciated! I know its still not perfect but I'm pretty proud of the map from an artistic standpoint being that its my first real attempt ever. If you wanna take a peek at my campaign wiki, it can be found at https://ancientechoes.obsidianportal.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW VALGARD MAP6.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	64863

Very cool, well done!

I truly like the overall aspect, choice of colors, labeling and style. It is very coherent with the fantasy type.

... however, I gotta ask... the water ways from sea to sea (can we call it rivers) is an odd thing. It reminds me game maps from the game warlords (circa 1990?), but strikes me as implausible in a continent. Did you do this on purpose?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

That would fall under the aforementioned "river placement/dynamics" that I know aren't realistic. I was pointed to some good resources showing how and why my rivers don't work...I just haven't fixed them because they have played a major role in my ongoing game so far, and it would kinda mess things up if they were to change dramatically at this stage. The feedback was filed away for future use though!