Thread: Suggestion: New award

Default Suggestion: New award

Hi Guilders and Guildies,
    looking through the finished map section I am astonished how some of you post new and high quality maps in no time, e.g. Max, Sapiento etc.

I like it because it is fun to study them and also get new ideas. To honour these artists I suggest to add/create a new award for posting xx maps. This could also be a bronze, silver and gold award like the compass in the mapping challenges.

What do you think?

Could be a good idea, but i also see a risk for more low quality maps posted in the finished map section with such an incitation. Personally i sometimes restrained myself from posting a map i did in the finished map section because of its low quality. As a regular map maker i'm "for" your sugestion but we'll then have to find something to control the possible abuse
    Last edited by Francissimo; 06-13-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the idea has merit however I would also be afraid of "mass postings". I have 3 pages of finished maps in almost 4 years of being a member and I am not the most prolific mapper here by any means.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

You are both right and I am also aware of low quality and mass postings. Perhaps this could be avoided by taking the map rating in account.

Honestly for every map I post in the Finished Maps forum, there is 10 I didn't. Yet those 10 aren't low quality, I just feel I'm inundating the Finished Maps with all the maps I create. So I only post the most unique ones, generally.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations