Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The City of New Amber: Monastery District

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result. It looks great so far.

I agree. This is looking good and will enjoy seeing how you finish.

Thousand thanks for the kind words and all the likes! Warms my heart! Been a busy summer and other things have been prioritized, so work has been oh so slow. Anyway, had some time, drew some houses, some towers, and zimzalabim – Another update!

Getting closer to the finished piece with every brushstroke. The monastery district and the border district are more or less completed, so really just some small-work left and then I should be able to call this done. Hope you like! Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monasterblaha.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	66705

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

This is really looking great, I'd love to see the final result! =)

Gorgeous! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you! You are to kind! Hopefully I will have another update within the fortnight, or perhaps tomorrow, who knows – only time will tell! Cheers

The addition of the scroll elements to the map is very clever. I like the style of the buildings and the layout of the town. It seems plausible - a quality not always found in fantasy town maps. Are you going to color this in? Looks great!
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

Thanks a lot! I might take a swing at color it, and if I do I will probably take a more subtle, antique path. However, for now, my main focus is just finishing the inking. Cheers!

Here we go. A small update, added some people, fixed a little here and there. I'm currently at the stage where I'm uncertain what do to next. Should I keep working at it or should I label it and call the black and white draft finished? I've been considering to add something to the bay, perhaps expand the portside and add some ships, however, I don't want to overwork it.

Suggestion and advices how to move on next are much appreciated fellow cartographers. Thanks for all feedback!

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moanstery.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	66896

This is looking really, really good!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast