Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The City of New Amber: Monastery District

Wip The City of New Amber: Monastery District

I begun drawing this for this months light challenge with the intent to draw a monastery for a player character. However, I quickly realized that I didn't have enough time to finish what I intended during the remaining days of the challenge, so I figured, why not make a WIP instead?

This is going to become the monastery/church district of a much larger city, mapped from a birds eye, or perhaps it's even a isometric view. There is still a ton of work remaining, and parts of the buildings are slightly uneven in perspective (something I expect will mostly disappear into the crowd of others buildings and shadows as I go along). Perhaps someone will enjoy following this and see where it might lead!

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monastery 2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	64980

I think you've done a really good job so far! Do you plan to also add colour?

Looks great so far! I think I will take you up on your offer and follow this WIP to see where it goes!

A fantastic start to a very promising map.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Count me in, I would definitely like to follow along! Are you going to put in a hill? I like hills! And if you get a chance, let us in on the story about the character who was going to have this as a stronghold.

cheers,
    Meshon

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looks really great so far! Is that two kids kicking a ball in a courtyard I see there?

Wow! Thanks a lot for all that feedback, really happy that no many liked this initial post! It makes me smile on a otherwise dull day! Very much appreciated!

To answer Meshon: There will definitely be a hill, perhaps even hills, might add some in the background on a later stage. The whole monastery district will circle a hill that the main monastery building will be built on top. About the character story, I never put that much work into the character (seeing that I decide not to partake in the challenge), however the city and the district are based on a significant city in my fantasy world, and depending how this goes, I might continue and draw all the districts of that city

Diamond: Yes, it is in fact two kids playing with a ball. Hoping to add little characters like that as I go along

Cheers!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

It's looking superb so far tainotim, I'm looking forward to watching your map develop.
    Last edited by Raiko; 06-17-2014 at 07:42 AM.

I really liked your city on your gold coast map, so I'm not suprised by this excellent city view!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast