Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern city maping with GIS data

thx max for pointing those shade issues, i'll take care of that Hi tracker and thx for the feedback, The definition of a city fluctuate greatly depending of the country, in france the definition of a city is when you have more than 5000 inhabitants but that would hardly be a small village in china so i guess your town could be a great city in middle age!
    for the bridges i can' add new ones because it's the map of a real city so it is based on reality and i have already drawn all the existing bridge of the city

I love the way you managed the hills and pretty much everything about the map now . It looks a bit like a good aerial photo. The only thing that bother me a little are the bitume zones (too uniform and simple compared to other textures), but I just don't have no clues of how improve it and it's a very minor point.

I've tried to rework a bit the bitume zone ilanthar, but inspiration is decreasing on this map and the result is hardly visible i can feel the end of the map is close, i will probably post it in the finished map tomorow with a legend and borders
    Here is a part of the latest wip with some modern style labels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saintes_WIP2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	895.4 KB 
ID:	65089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12