Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June 2014 Entry - The Kingdoms of Albion and Nivirem

Latest update. Finished the lines, at least what I've got for now. And it looks really busy now, but it'll get better once I color it, since I'll be coloring some of the lines as well, so it'll blend more than just black and white.

And the font it East Anglia.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goombac Finish it WIP04.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	65102

Love it! Good call in lowering the Albion banner slightly to remove that sudden sharp edge in the top. Been meaning to comment on it. Keep the good work up, can't wait to see where this is going! cheers

Looking amazing! Oh, and wouldn't'cha know it, turns out I'd already downloaded that font and had just forgotten about it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I've begun coloring it. Very WIP with the colors especially the top of the map, although I'm pretty happy with the knight and his shield, although I still need to color the lines.

And I'm not sure what to do with the map. I started doing watercolor stuff on it, but wasn't happy, so that's going to change. Not sure how much of it I want to color. And the roads and river colors are just placeholders for now.

Name:	Goombac Finish it WIP05.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	65233

Doing the flag for Albion. Not sure what color I want the design to be. Leaning towards the darker red like I had originally planned, but not sure if the gold is better.

Name:	Goombac Finish it WIPflag01.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	65250 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goombac Finish it WIPflag02.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	747.4 KB 
ID:	65251

I personally prefer the red over the gold. Also, I just downloaded the font, I love it.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

I vote for Gold-and-Red. I find it more striking, overall.

Actually, on second glance, I agree with xpian. The border is pretty dark, and the gold will help brighten them up.

With a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws.

I think the problem with the red banner is the lack of contrast - it would be hard to make out at a distance. Have you considered lightening or altering the other color in that version, and perhaps coloring the lion to match the darker border? I think that would look pretty solid.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I love the details in the border, really brings a lot of story to the map. To be honest I don't think you need to colour it, but it's cool that you are, I think it will look great. I really like the watercolour look in the green areas. Is that a photoshop brush or something similar?

cheers,
    Meshon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast