Thread: Dungeon Crawl Classic 48 - Dale of the Dead Maps

Default Dungeon Crawl Classic 48 - Dale of the Dead Maps

Gonna be running a last minute Halloween game this year - and decided to do "Dale of the Dead" from Dungeon Crawl Classics #48. Its a pretty good short hack/slash adventure where the PCs enter a village that is under control of a bard who has a magical fiddle that forces people to keep doing what they were doing until the fiddling stops....so everyone in the village is dead, but died dancing, cutting vegetables, playing cards, etc. and as soon as the PCs interrupt them in their task or the fiddle, they get attacked. Oh...and the magic effect of the fiddle dictates that they can't be turned.

Anyways...with only a few days to prepare, I'm making some super quick maps for it..and figured i'd share (in case anyone else is looking for a last minute Halloween adventure also). Here is a cottage that i'll be using for 2 of the encounters and the village map itself. The dirt area in the middle is where one of the undead keeps playing the fiddle while the bard busys himself in the graveyard behind the church.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area 1-5 and 8 (Hovel and Cottage).jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	68616

Name:	Fendale Village - small.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	68617
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Journeyer

These look great. I like the village colors.

here the inn...only need to hammer out the graveyard and mill...by tomorrow...trying to restrict myself to only working on each of these for an hour or so.

Name:	Area 1-1 thru 1-3 (Inn).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	68761

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

and here's the graveyard...

Name:	Graveyard.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	68762

Nice Work AC!

Minor point, I had trouble seeing the doors in the Inn. I would suggest using a texture that differentiates the door from the wall a bit better.

Thanks man - yeah, I noticed that after I uploaded it. I've been experimenting with this new method where I put a semi transparent symbol of the door above the wall and then a non-transparent symbol of the door below the wall (this way you can see the knobs no problem, but still convey that there is a door below the wall.) In this case, I forgot to adjust the color of my walls sot hey would stick out more.