Thread: Battle Map - Shadow help!

Wip Battle Map - Shadow help!

I am trying to finish up a battle map and I just cant get the shadows to come out right. Where I am really struggling is on the small crevasse along the roadway. The cliff face on the left looks fairly good but the cliff face on the right just doesnt appear to have the right depth.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ambush.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	70031

Lookin' great so far. I'd deepen the shadows near the base of the uppermost cliff face a little in keeping with the direction of light shown by the walls of your ruined building. If needs be you can always draw an arrow to indicate the direction the light is coming from and then double check everything is casting a shadow in the correct direction. Right now the shadows as the base of the lower cliff face look deeper in shadow than those on the upper cliff face which isn't consistent with your other shadows.

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like the ruined walls have light from the top left, while the trees have it from directly above. And I'm not clear on the topography - is the crevasse a dip in an otherwise flat landscape? Is it a gully running down a hill? Where are the highest and lowest points of this map?