Thread: Hello. Just signed up.

Post Hello. Just signed up.

Hi everyone. I live and work in Boston, Massachusetts. I have always been a Boston history buff, but over the years I became frustrated that there were no comprehensive maps of the city in the old books I would read. I know the city well, and I can picture the locations mentioned in these books in my head, but there are never any maps! This bugged me, so I decided to make my own. I try and make my maps as accurate as possible, and show every detail I can find. I fill the margins of these maps with historical facts from the period I am depicting. Each one takes me months to make, and much of that time is spent in doing old-fashioned book work. I use CS3. I showed some of my maps to Torstan on DeviantArt, who urged me to get involved with this site. Rather than rush in, I plan on poking around for a bit, and I will start posting my stuff where it seems to belong. In the short time I have been here, I have seen some wonderful stuff, and I hope to pick up some ideas and tips to make my own projects better.

Oh......... and I am not above making a D&D map for my kids here and there. I'll post some of them too.

I am looking forward to learning a lot here.

Emack

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Great, welcome to the guild! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work. Actually I'm guessing you've already posted some somewhere here, so I'll go have a look...

D&D maps for kids yay! One of the guildmembers has been posting a fantasy version of his town here.

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome fellow Massachusetts resident !! I'm about 60 miles west of you. I look forward to seeing your work
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild Emack, looking forward to seeing your maps! Old Boston has a lot of history. I went to school in Back Bay in the 70's so I am also familiar with the area.