Thread: *** June/July 2014 Challenge: MAP A RUINS ***

Default *** June/July 2014 Challenge: MAP A RUINS ***

*** June/July 2014 Challenge: MAP A RUINS ***

My turn to start the new Lite Challenge. This time we are going to map "A Ruins". Now this gives you a lot of leeway and artistic license because you could map a classic ruins of a building like the Colleseum, an ancient collapsed tower, an area such as the Roman Forums, an entire abandoned city fallen into decay, the ruins of the Library of Alexander far below the waves of the Mediterranean Sea, Lost Atlantis, or even a regional map of an area devastated by fire, volcano, or an asteroid strike. This can be a representation of a real place like Pompeii or total fiction. It does not even have to be a map. If you want to do a set of ruined old furniture that could be used in a map or pieces of ruins like broken Doric Columns or piles of rubble and broken statues, that would be good to.

Genre doesn't matter; Real world, Egyptian, ancient fantasy, Sci-fi, Post-apocalyptic, whatever you want. Be as creative as you want, and even better if you can give some history or back story to these ruins.

As per usual, the challenge will run until around the 14th of next month, after which there will be Three days of voting. I noticed on the previous challenge that all votes were cast in the first 2 days and nothing on the 3rd & 4th day, so lets try 3 days of voting this time.
    The winner gets a Silver Compass to proudly display on their posts, as well as the adoration of all of his or her peers!

Please DO NOT forget to title each thread in this format: June/July 2014 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Please DO NOT forget to preface each image with this tag: ### Latest WIP ### Otherwise, the thumbnail scraper won't be able to pick up your entry, and no one will be able to see it when voting time rolls around.
    Last edited by Bogie; 06-20-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here we go again..... This might fit in very well with an idea I've had rattling around in my head for a while....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

nice idea, the perfect theme for a post apocalyptic regional map i had in mind for a few months!

I know July is a busy month, but I hope a few more people enter this challenge.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I agree, I'd LOVE to see more stuff here...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Same here! The theme is very open and can inspire many kind of maps. Come on fellow Guilders!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Yes please! A ruin could be a small ruined tower, a wrecked boat, or an abandoned war camp. I especially like Bogie's suggestion to do a series of ruined objects. A few more entries would be great, and they can be really simple. Simple is good!

cheers,
    Meshon

Time is almost up. I was hoping for a few more entries, but the ones we got are very good.

I will close this and start the Voting late Monday night ( probably around 10 or 11 PM Eastern US time.)

Get your final fixes in!