Thread: LA Convention Center map for Anime Expo (cancelled commission)

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Default LA Convention Center map for Anime Expo (cancelled commission)

I've been pretty quiet lately… Here's why (Half of why, at least. The second half should be coming sometime soon as well)

So I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by the guys running Anime Expo, an annual convention for anime fans held in the US, to make a map of the convention center. We had to cancel half-way through, but I finished one floor at least. It was a really fun commission, even though the map won't be used. Here it is, if anyone wants to see what a watercolor sci-fi convention center map could look like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MeetingSpaces4.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	917.8 KB 
ID:	65073

© The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, used with permission.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Sad to hear the commission was cancelled. That looks good and the shading is pretty well done!

I second - Max - about the shading. I think I would have chosen a different color, but nice job anyway.

Thanks guys! I can understand that the color isn't exactly everyone's taste, but… I like purple There was also a thought behind it, that it would go well with the rest of the convention's program book, which was already designed. I'm not too sad that it was cancelled actually, I'll probably get to finish it next year. Apparently they had a lot of trouble with other freelancers delivering too slowly, and they had to be prioritized, so I can accept that

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looks nice! I hope you get to finish it. And thank god there's a restroom every ten feet! Having seen some of those people try and get out of their costumes to use the restroom, the extra rooms are much needed.

Haha, didn't think of that, but it sounds very true
    … But… do you peek at cosplayers undressing?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I went to a convention a couple years ago and shared a room with two friends who went all the way crazy with their costumes. Watching one in particular try to get out of his 'armor' to use the hotel room restroom was hilarious.