Thread: Dark Albion maps

Map Dark Albion maps

Hi everybody.

It has been a very long time since last I posted here. Several years in fact. I was busy writing my own gaming book (plus attending to all the everyday-life chores of course). Hence I had forgotten about this site (sorry). But now I am working with RPGPundit (http://www.therpgsite.com/) to turn his campaign setting, Dark Albion, into a book. Dark Albion is a kind of alternate, fantasy England in the 15th century, during the war of the roses. There will be a dozen maps in this book. Here is the one of Albion, in two versions: full color, and old-parchment like.

BTW: I am stunned by the quality and amount of material that has been showed in the Cartographers' Guild. Looking at it gave me a couple of ideas to do the Dark Albion maps. I will have to come back more often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark-Albion-map_color-lowreso.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	65079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark-Albion-map_parchment-lowreso.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	682.3 KB 
ID:	65080  
    Last edited by Turanil; 06-20-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Excellent Map, welcome back!

I like the sepia version far more than the colored one. Good job! And I support the Frogland mention

Welcome back!

I like the color version better! Any chance for a higher resolution of the map? I want to look at the details (aka zoom in...like A LOT ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Those are great looking maps !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Frogland Very nice maps, especially the sepia one. The colored version looks a little pale and lacking in contrast in my opinion.

Lovely work, and welcome back!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Welcome back!

I like the color version better! Any chance for a higher resolution of the map? I want to look at the details (aka zoom in...like A LOT ).
    Well, sorry, I won't post a full resolution of the map, since they are done for a product to be published. On the other hand, I am posting a detail of the map below. That is: the detail from the broad map, and then the more detailed map that corresponds to this detail.

I would like to tell something, in case it would not be obvious: Albion is a fantasy world. It's not England in the 15th century, even if it looks much like it. Hence, it is not an accurate map of England. Besides: real cartographers of the 15th century were unable to draw accurate maps of the world, without the advanced technology that we have (satellites and so forth). Henceforth, even as related to the fantasy world of Albion, these maps might not be accurate...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xx-albion-detail-1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	65155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xx-albion-detail-2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	955.0 KB 
ID:	65156