Thread: Presentation of Mörshwan

Post Presentation of Mörshwan

Hello everybody.

I am Morshwan, a French amateur cartographer. I have never used computer for making maps. That's what I am her, to catch some skills in digital maps of fallen realms.

When I was younger, I discovered Dungeons and Dragons. It was so cool to see all these maps. I mean, I made maps before playing this game, so naturally, I gathered those two passions.

Here you can see one example of maps:
    Latania (May be long, hosted on a French server). Of course, name are in French.

Wow thats a lot of concentration in that map. welcome!

Indeed, concentration and time. So many time. That's why I would like to know how to build digital maps.

I have just found my favourite city, built when I was in high school (the reason that it was drawn on a school sheet)
    City of Phoenixgrad (in French and in colour)

Post Welcome!

Welcome, Morshwan! I do both hand-drawn and digital, in fact my hand-drawn work is usually enhanced digitally.

There are many options to go for digital: image editing software like Photoshop and GIMP, vector drawing apps like Illustrator and Xara Xtreme, even mapping exclusive applications like Campaign Cartographer and Dundjinni.

You should look at our Software thread to see all that's available, each has its own capabilities and price. Some (GIMP and Inkscape) are free softwares.

Look around at our maps, ask about specific styles and we can lead you to the software that can best do this for you.

Many here do hand-drawn work that is finished in digital applications!

Welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

I can only echo what GamerPrinter already stated, look forward to seeing some more of your work.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post I did one French map...

I did one French named map for my December 07 Mapping Challenge. In fact it was a hand-drawn map, enhanced in digital, called Witch's Rock or Roche de la Socier...

Witch's Rock thread

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I did one French named map for my December 07 Mapping Challenge. In fact it was a hand-drawn map, enhanced in digital, called Witch's Rock or Roche de la Socier...

Witch's Rock thread

GP
    Hi, I have seen your topic. I have some suggestions. The topic is locked, so that's why I reply here.
    Indeed, river is going to fleuve, and fleuve is flwoing into the sea.
    - We say "Rocher de la Sorcière" or "Le rocher de la Sorcière" in place of "La roche de la sorcière".
    - In the map of Mamisa, it lacks a "s" at the end of "serpent".
    - Sea witch can be translated as "Mer de la Sorcière".

If you want French pirate's vocabulary, I can give you some of them.

Thanks you for the welcome, I am working on a digital map (my first one), I will submit it soon.

Post Thanks but too late!

Thanks, but its too late! Monthly challenges are all locked at the end of their respective months. I did have translation help from another member at the time, though I suppose he got some of it wrong.

I appreciate the pointers, though, if I ever publish this map, I will take your suggestions in consideration.

Good luck on your first digital map. Post it soon, even before you are completed with this first attempt. We can offer a great many hints and tips to get you going properly. Please post soon!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Bienvenue! Welcome to the Guild, Morshwan. Love the maps. Look forward to seeing more.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx