Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sarkamand

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip

I added a light dirt texture to the buildings.

It's not uncommon that differently coloured rivers flow together. Here a quick Google search: 11 Incredible Points In The World Where Major Bodies Of Water Join Together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sarkamand2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	66986  

Oh I know, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem to read that way to me. Perhaps because you are straddling that realistic/representational border with the rest of the map.
    Edit: It could also be that colour difference isn't strong enough between the two rivers. In many of the examples the colour difference is Extreme.

As an aside, I think I preferred the map without textures on the buildings, in this copy they kind of blend more with the parchment texture and seem less substantial.
    Last edited by Falconius; 08-28-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Oh I know, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem to read that way to me. Perhaps because you are straddling that realistic/representational border with the rest of the map.
    Edit: It could also be that colour difference isn't strong enough between the two rivers. In many of the examples the colour difference is Extreme.

As an aside, I think I preferred the map without textures on the buildings, in this copy they kind of blend more with the parchment texture and seem less substantial.
    I prefer the previous version without the texture, too. But I keep the current river colours.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234