Thread: June/July 2014 Lite Challenge - Jade Mountain Pass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default June/July 2014 Lite Challenge - Jade Mountain Pass

Edit: Just to clarify, what I'm trying to do is end up with a map of a ruin that has a history, based on several periods where significant things happened to the site. To that end, each WIP post (other than this first one) will be a new time period. I think they'll vary from a few hundred years to just a decade or so. Still trying to figure out what to do when I need the final map to display... So if you have time, check through and see how the Jade Mountain Pass changes!

The Jade Mountain Pass was long known to be a place where the barrier between this realm and the Throne of Creation was often permeable, and so it was that the Architect Priests of the Porphyran Empire chose this place for their tombs, carved from the solid rock of the cliffs on the west side of the pass. Each priest was mummified and placed in a symbolic throne which faced a false door, the latter representing the doorway to the Throne of Creation through which the deceased priest would pass. As well, each priest was accompanied by sacrificial slaves for which three chambers were prepared, where the bodies of warriors, scribes, and servants would be stacked like cordwood. Elite warriors were chosen to guard the pass from those who might attempt to steal the wealth and scrolls of knowledge that accompanied the Architect Priests to their graves. As the priests were so long-lived, only six were laid to rest in the cliff-face tombs before their order was overthrown in the viciously-fought Portalist Revolt.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jade-Mountain-Pass-plan.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	65152

I'm having another go with my tablet. I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue drawing the river banks the same way through the whole map, but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with black and white.

It's not a ruin yet, but each WIP post (thereabouts) will be a new time period. I'm hoping to have the Jade Mountain Pass go through several periods of change before the "present".

cheers,
    Meshon
    Last edited by Meshon; 06-24-2014 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Clarification