Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ledge and Dairy Inn

really nice line work, do you do this line work in illustrator? Do you use a tablet or mouse? My line work is driving my bonkers, I can't draw a good one in photoshop with my wacom, it's too wavy. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing you add the details.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    really nice line work, do you do this line work in illustrator? Do you use a tablet or mouse? My line work is driving my bonkers, I can't draw a good one in photoshop with my wacom, it's too wavy. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing you add the details.
    Hey thanks! I did the line drawing quite awhile ago, for a Guild challenge, and I was just getting the hang of my tiny little Bamboo tablet. The original black and white was done in Illustrator. I was working out what the blob brush can do so there's a real mix of that and then just lines with the pen tool and the pencil tool. And the really straight lines I often apply a "roughen" effect to. The wood grain is all lines with a variable width profile applied.

Painting is happening in Photoshop because I like the way it looks and I'm really inexperienced with it, so… practice! Yay! At some point I'd like to do something similar purely in Photoshop, but I love my vectors so it's a daunting step.

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

This is looking great Meshon, I really like the over all concept and the detail of the building is fantastic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123