Thread: Invitation to a social evening: London, UK

Default Invitation to a social evening: London, UK

Cheers all. I hope this is the best forum for this thread.

I am currently backpacking through Europe, and will be in London on the 8th of July (and again later in July and August). Australia is a long way away, and so I thought this might be a good, and rare, opportunity to try and meet, in person, some of my fellow cartographers.

Therefore, if there are any of you who live in or near London, or will be visiting the city at that time, and would like to share a drink (or two), or get a meal/coffee etc, send me a private message or post in this thread. It would be good to get some idea of whether or not people are interested. If there is some interest, I'll post additional info closer to the date.

Also, if the date I have set is impossible, let me know and I might be able to find an alternative time thatvworks with everybody's schedule.

Lastly, if this event goes ahead, please be aware that I am fairly ignorant of London, and so any locals who can provide advice on decent drinking holes/restaurants etc would be much appreciated.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

A bit far away for me, but if you're ever in San Francisco, let me know!

I'm in Taiwan... but thanks for the invite...

Nice to know you are interested, but I'm still hoping to hear from any Londoners.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer