Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map contest from Gollancz for the new R. Morgan Novel

is there any particular reason the British isles are in that map?

Man, this map is awesome! This is some quality, professional work. Repped.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very nice Ravs, love the color scheme.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

This is a really lovely map. You certainly deserve good things to come from it.

Thanks guys, it's a funny thing but when I look at my own stuff, i don't think it holds a candle to the kinds of maps that say, Torstan and Ascension produce (amongst many others). I guess we're always our own worst critics!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well, I guess it's a question of styles. I can't put together a map in your style or Ascensions or many others that is half as good as what you have achieved here. I really need to take a shot at these textured maps because the look really lovely. I have to say that your mountains are certainly noteworthy - given the amount of discussion they tend to attract you seemed to have really nailed them here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's a matter of aesthetics (beauty), information (detail), and cleanliness (legibility) that I can never fully achieve. You have got all three working on this one and that's what makes it superb. I tried to rep ya but I gotta spread some around. Hope ya do more like this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    It's a matter of aesthetics (beauty), information (detail), and cleanliness (legibility) that I can never fully achieve.
    Don't sell yourself short, I always enjoy seeing what you come up with.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast