Thread: Back from the dead

Post Back from the dead

Perhaps you have been wondering where I have been, perhaps instead you are asking yourself "who the hell is nomadic?". Whatever the case I am finally back. Where I was though might require some explaining.

Life has been very busy for me thanks mainly to college (in which I am pursuing an AAS in computer science). It has kept me away from doing as much of the things I love (especially map making). Secondly as some may or may not recall, a certain e_i_pi posted on the forums awhile back looking to hire on cartographers for a new game he was making. Well I am happy to say that I was pulled onto that project and so have been busy making maps and graphics, and giving opinions on game ideas and other such things. That is still in development, though I can't wait to show it off when he does release it to the public. Thirdly I have been in the process of starting up my own business focused on web design and development. That has eaten up alot of the remainder of my time.

However, the summer has managed finally to slow things down for me and I have had more free time to pursue my hobbies. So I decided to stop on by and really see how things are going. I have been pleased to see many things are unchanged and the community is chugging along just fine. I have also been pleased to see some of the stuff that has changed (congrats on that promo gandwarf). Right now I am working on a map for a new game I want to start running eventually, so keep your eyes peeled for that to pop up around here soon.

It's good to be back.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the guild Nomadic!
    You will find the tutorials section pretty useful I think and...

Ok, ok...

Actually, I have been wondering where you were and I indeed noticed one of the last things you did was getting pulled on board by that e_i_pi person
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Back... ummm wait. who are you again?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I thought you had just wandered off !

arf arf...

Welcome back again

I forgot how much a bunch of smart alecks you lot are

Thanks for the warm welcome though. Oh and btw I posted a tutorial based on some stuff I learned while I was away.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I honestly did wonder. You were very active, like daily, then the other day I was wondering to myself about the people who haven't posted much lately. Anyway, glad to hear from ya again.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yes... where is Hoel? Where is 12rounds? Where is Torq?

*cries in a corner*
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Welcome back Nomadic! Looks like you need to be elevated to IP status now!
    I was thinking about that. Guess I should go ahead and do that.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----

What is becoming of us? I am blue and you are grey. We must be growing up

I'm blue... hmmm...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H25lz7gchaw