Thread: Boundless OpenGeo Suite 4.1

Blog Entries

Default Boundless OpenGeo Suite 4.1

As some of you may know my day job is writing real world geography software and since that is relevant to the Guild I hope you'll forgive a bit of shameless advertising:

Version 4.1 of OpenGeo Suite has been released. Probably the most useful thing for Guild members is that we're providing MacOS and Windows installers for QuantumGIS so you can install it easily. The Suite QGIS plugin then lets you connect QGIS to the server components of OpenGeo Suite so you can serve up maps on the web. More details including links to download for Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, and CentOS are available here

This is real world GIS software used for real world maps and available for free; in fact it's Open Source. We make money by selling enterprise features and support service, so if you don't need that, we are happy to see you using it for free and increasing the visibility and familiarity with our software.

As someone who's trying to wean himself off of ArcGIS, I'll definitely have a look at this. Thank you for posting.

QGIS is an awesome software that i used in my day job, the layout possibilites are great compared to other non free GIS, thanks for the great work!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    QGIS is an awesome software that i used in my day job, the layout possibilites are great compared to other non free GIS, thanks for the great work!
    Well, I don't do any work on QGIS The author of the Sextante plugin works for Boundless and he's been the primary author of the plugin that simplifies integration with Suite, and we made packaged builds that are easy to install. We don't have any core developers for QGIS though ( don't want to seem to claim credit for work we didn't do) My own contributions have been in GeoServer and GeoWebCache.

Blog Entries

I have used Qgis in the past but it did not fit MY needs too well
    For that i use the USGS / NASA program ISIS3

but Qgis IS GOOD !!!