Thread: Alternate History map of Central/ East Asia [price quote]

Default Alternate History map of Central/ East Asia [price quote]

Hello chaps and chapettes,

What I'm looking for today (in the short term at least) is a price quote for a rather complex map.

Unfortunately I cannot give too many details away as the map is for a novel I am in the progress of writing. The size of the map would roughly encompass an area of the world from Ulanbaatar in the North, Osaka in the East, Nagaland (India) in the South and Tajikistan in the West, the majority of the map would be centred around China.

I would love for the map to be stylised in a way that many cartographers of the mid-late 19th century/ early 20th century, something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ottoman_dismemberment.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	65243

Obviously the style demands a very high quality of map and therefore I am expecting that it wouldn't be cheap to commission.

Could those members of this (rather excellent) forum that could pull something like this off perhaps suggest to me the sort of price I would be expected to pay? Although I don't plan to commission a piece now (unless it's cheaper to buy than I thought of course, which I doubt), I will be keeping the thread bookmarked in my browser so that when the time comes I can quickly check potential artists to buy from?

Many thanks for reading, kind regards,
    Edelweiss.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

If you want to keep the project in secret it's better that you give a contact form like an email or similar, because you cannot receive PM until you have at least 5 posts.

Ahh touché, that would probably be a good idea wouldn't it!

fieldstroller@gmail.com, thanks haha.