I am looking for assistance in creating a map for a fiction book I am ready to publish. I had sought various sources of assistance which failed, then was today referred to this site. I am awaiting the cover work, so have up to a month before the finished work is required, but sooner is better. Anyone with the time and skill who would assist me will be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I publish without the map.

Please consider the following:

STYLE: I'd like a map with an 'old world' or 'fantasy' look. I have an example (link below) to share with the interested cartographer. Consider greyscale as it is a black and white format book.

EXAMPLE: A 'somewhat like' map can be found in your site post #33 at http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...asy-map-4.html I am not stuck with this format, just wanted some idea to share.

QUALITY & SIZE: It will be in the front across two pages, the primary book being a 9'' (tall) and 6'' (wide) format, so that gives us 9x12 to work with for display. A jpg format should suffice but I will confirm finished format.

TIME CONSTRAINTS: Up to one month. I am awaiting the cover work, so have up to a month before the finished work is required, but sooner is much better.

COPYRIGHT: As I will use this for publishing purposes, I will need the copyright, though the artist may receive recognition for the artwork in the book and will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. We can discuss artist needs as needed.

PAYMENT: I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for the artwork with an artist capable of the type work needed and able to work within these time frames. I will provide a detailed description taken from the book, provide an example of the type and quality map requested, and will negotiate the fee accordingly.

CONTACT: chas4everyoung@yahoo.com please use this email to respond. After emailing the additional info to you, we will arrange to talk in order to clarify as needed.

Thank you for considering my request.
ChasY/Charles