Thread: Southern Celanta

Map Southern Celanta

Related to my "Celanta Map - Completed!" thread...
    Celanta Map

This is the southern third of the continent of Celanta, consisting of the Kingdom of Kells, Duchy of Dernallion and the Jarldom of Drammerdam, south of the Rift and Temporal Comet Strike... the next area, I'll be working on...

Here's an earlier map and background info on this area...
    Duchy of Dernallion

And as a tribute to Anna, notice the small coastal town of "Bernmalm" just west of Drammerdam!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	southern-celanta.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	6006  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-17-2008 at 03:32 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept

That is a nice map. Beautiful and functional at exactly the same time.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job GP, saw that you posted this in the CBG forums too...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Man GP, you are really showing your versatility here. I thought you stuck to more close scale mapping, but clearly your talent extends to regional/continental as well. Great map, evocative and informative at the same time.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Post Maps are maps!

Thanks, Steel General! Thanks, Torq!

I've only been focused on close up mapping in the last year or so, all my previous mapping was regional mostly.

Mapping is mapping. I'll create at whatever scale I require.

I plan to work this continent, like the CWBP, but completely on my own. That is continental, regional, city maps, location maps, dungeon maps, etc.

This is for my gaming group, maybe for publication, who knows?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Praise

I'm honored GP

I agree with all previous postive critisism of this map, and especially Torqs remark about your versatility. You have proven yourself to be one of the most versatile mappers I know. From Dungeons to whole continents, impressive!
    //Anna

Post Naerie inspired me!

Anna, your last update to the Principality of Naerie map inspired me to throw in some heraldic shields and get more detailed with the communities and roads to give this map more character.

That's why I gave you tribute. (Plus I needed another Scandanavian sounding name and "Bernmalm" popped into my head!)

Anyway I had fun creating it. I wish I'd spent more time working with heraldry. Perhaps, I'll utilize the Heraldry Symbol site to look more professional. Though the existing ones establish a definitive identify to each.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store