Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Map (WIP)

Wip Los Angeles Map (WIP)

I've been working and testing a lot on a big LA map lately. I came to the map below, which is just a small part of the entire map for tests (uncomplete, but with a lot of things already). It's a view near Orange, the whole map will be near 9700x7200 pixels and centered on LA itself, of course.
    It's based on an OSM map.
    And I would be glad to have your views on it guys. What would you improve/change completely?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LA first draft.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	944.6 KB 
ID:	65365

This is taking a lot more time than I expected... Anyway, this is the upper-left part of the map, at different stages...
    And looking at it, I'm thinking that the green of the non-constructed zones is just too strong.

Name:	LA progress.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	65422

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

That'll be an epic map! I love that green tone, actually. Gives some great contrast to the orange while complementing the brown and blue. I really like how you're showing the terrain and buildings in this one too.

Wow, very cool

Thanks!

By Lingon
    I love that green tone, actually
    Gasp I hope you like my new version too... cause I certainly like it better I change the beaches too.

Name:	LA B1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	591.1 KB 
ID:	65427

Really cool relief shading and perfect use of open street map data, i prefer your colors Maybe you can work a bit more your orange roads to make them fit with the relief, no good advices to do that, maybe a tiny transparency on the road layer?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Yeah, that green is nice too! Though the map lacks a little in contrast now, in my opinion… I'm going to suggest the opposite of Francissimo, and say brighten up the roads!

Thanks Francissimo! I've been tempted to do this old project because of your own cities maps

I can't just play with transparency, because I haven't the base map for that... but I can brighten up the roads. So here it is. Don't pay attention to the problems between the different parts, I'll rework this later...

Name:	LA progress.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	65433

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I agree with Lingon that the map lacks of contrast. A bit better with the latest version but still.

Thanks for sharing your view - Max -!

Is that any better?

Name:	LA second draft.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	851.8 KB 
ID:	65443

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast