Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seagaard - Finished

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks guys, much appreciated...

@Ascension - Hard to believe it's been over a year already. Though I think your 'style' has progressed much further than mine. I've more or less found a comfort zone and try and stay in it. You're always out there trying something different.

@Coyotemax - It's really worthwhile to take some time and go thru the Finished Map and the Monthly Challenge thumbs - I try and do it every few months. Always something you've overlooked and usually I get an idea or two.

@Pasis - Snatch it up, that's why it's here.
    Last edited by Steel General; 08-21-2009 at 07:00 AM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

One day, around the holidays last year, I went through every single post just to see the various things. I had only been here for a about 6 months at the time and then going through everything really blew me away with how much there was that was already here. If I were to do that now, it might take me a week to do it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Very nice map, one of the easiest maps to understand Great use of color and space.

Thanks...It is one of my favorites that I've done.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

WOW THATS A VERY NICE MAP! i have a question: How do you create the ships? They are epic!!!

Thanks... The boats/ships and buildings were downloaded from the DunDjinni user forums... no way I could create those myself.

I have noticed a lot of maps of your quality/type done with PS, is it better or easier to use then CC3? I must admit I am very poor with CC3 (and not sure I would have purchased it knowing how much I suck with it) and am overwhelmed by persons such as yourself who can create such works of beauty.

Thanks for the kind words... It's difficult to compare they 2 as they are completely different kinds of programs. There are some incredibly well-done maps here that were done in CC3.

There is of course a huge cost difference Photoshop being ridiculously expensive compared to CC3. I was lucky that a friend gave me an older copy when they upgraded.

There is also the GIMP to consider. It can do almost anything that PS can do (and some things it can't), and it's free. Lots of folks here use it.

Great map SG - I really love the feature in the mountain. It looks like some special shrine or something.

edit: I didn't realize this was from the way back machine but I'm glad it came back because it was from before I was here I think so I would never have seen it otherwise.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax! It's one of my favorites.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast