Thread: Wargame Matt

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Default Wargame Matt

Hey there guys, so I`ve been working with a boardgame company called Riachuelo Games, here in Brazil. I started two projects with them, one is called Berdolock`s Fortress, a PnP Dungeon Crawler, I started a thread a couple of months a go about it. The other is called Vaporaria, a steampunk wargame, where player will fight with Mekas, and other cool stuff on a game matt.

I was tasked on creating a battlemap (A2 size), similar to a battlefield, with craters, destruction and all those stuff. At first I was a bit nervous, since my texturing skills where not so good, but I decided to give it a try. I started reading some tutorials (specially the ones from Pasis, thanks a lot man!), and began to test it. The first trys were horrible, I tried to create something from VUE, and other 3D softwares but the results were always bad. After a few weeks I decided to give it another go, and for the first time I saw a good start, and it`s this one. (Im still using some low res textures, and the JPG doesn`t help either, also the fact that I rotated some of those textures on PS, which cause an ugly bluriness). Hope you guys like the head start and also any tips are welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	board.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	65444

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The shadows on craters looks wrong, no? It looks domes rather than craters for me.
    Last edited by - Max -; 07-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    It is a good start. The carters are too regular and I agree they look like domes. The tire tracks look good. They are tires not tracks right?

Tracker