Thread: New Dawn of the West - Massive Redesign

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Default New Dawn of the West - Massive Redesign

Hey there guys and gals.

Long time no speak.

So my old D&D (now Pathfinder Beginner Box) campaign, New Dawn of the West, has restarted after about a year or more hiatus. This time off and restart has given me time to accomplish one of the most important aspects of the setting that I had wanted and never quite figured out. That was essentially isolationism of the West.

In the original map it was a giant wall of mountains, but as I developed the setting I had trade with the East and South as part of it, etc... and eventually I found my focus shifting from the West to a more global scale. Fun and all, but NOT what I set out to do. Here is the West as an isolated island continent (roughly 2500 miles north to south) that has had no contact with the rest of the world for about 5 centuries, after a devastating plague killed 75% of people. So is there civilization still to the east, south, even further west? Perhaps, but at the start no one knows and there is certainly no trade.

So with a lot of nip 'n' tucking I have reworked the setting to get it back on point and as such wanted to make a new map.

Between here, YouTUBE and other web articles I was able to put this fast map together in Photoshop as a base for the redesign and to be able to show the players what the setting looks like in general.

There will be another map, with more time spent making it, but for now I wanted to have something that gave me an idea of where everything was. So yes, I know the mountains lack variety, etc... This is not the end of the line, this is just an overview of what I wanted. Please bear that in mind

Without further ado or gilding of the lilly, I give to you the map and thank you for taking a look.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The West - New Version.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	65508

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Apparently I wasn't as finished as I thought.

After some player input I changed a couple of things around, I suppose to say I am finished wouldn't be accurate, I will always tinker and tweak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Map of the West.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	65580