Thread: Hi guys!

Default Hi guys!

Hey everyone *tips hat*

One of my friends referred me to this place. I stopped by a few times, ogling all the eye candy - and have gotten super excited about this community.

I'm a comic artist/animator/illustrator and I've gotten an interest in cartography after doing a lot of worldbuilding for my webcomic Spindrift, and after being commissioned to make a map to accompany Charlotte E. English's Draykon trilogy. I was very much a noobler at making maps at that point, having dabbled in the art only a few times without any hindrance of intent, experience or knowledge . Not that I'm much good at it now (after having made a few more charts) but I find that I'm deeply enjoying the craft and and I thought this might be a good place to show my face (and maps) every now and then .

Besides all artsy stuff I like snowboarding, playing games (board/card, video games, and tabletop rpg's), reading and traveling. And cats.

If you like to see some of my work, here's my dA page (it also has a few of my maps on there, although I'll post them here too if I get around to it) ElsaKroese (-) on deviantART
    I also have a tumblr if you're into that kinda thing: The 'Drift
    And ofc the link to my webcomic - which is probably the main reason why I got into map making : - Spindrift - Chapter 2: Brokers Vale: Page 83

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild Municorn! Your comic is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the maps you work on!

Well thanks to the magic time travel of the internet, I went and had a look at your map of the Seven Realms, wonderful! This community is a great place to learn and a great place to share your own wisdom, I hope you'll enjoy doing both.

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks for the welcome Meshon, and the compliment .

Actually I've a small question before I go ahead and put my maps on the board, Could I make 1 topic with all my finished maps? Not all of them are so special that they deserve their own topic me thinks. Or is there an other place where I can display them easily without cluttering the forum?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I'm not the expert here, but I know that you can set up a gallery of finished maps and then maybe put a link to it in your signature. But I mean, there's clutter and there's clutter... how many maps are you sending up? You could post a few of your greatest hits in the Finished Maps forum and then put the rest in a gallery. But I just checked and - Max - has at least four maps on the first page of that forum... so I say share away!

And the compliment is well-deserved, I'm going to take some time later today and visit your Spindrift work!

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Journeyer

Hello and very impressive comic!

Thank you kindly ^_^.