Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Here is a test of a forest section

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forrest.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	440.5 KB 
ID:	65576

Really interesting WIP thread, first time i see a cartography attempt with cinema 4D and it looks really good so far!

Here is a quick preview of the camp area before I add all the special stuff, and a preview of my rock generator and undergrowth rendering.

Name:	previewCamp.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	470.5 KB 
ID:	65584
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Snapshot_2.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	672.6 KB 
ID:	65585

Filling her in, and getting more objects ready.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	ships.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	65587
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Fill_In.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	65588

Wow. Just...wow. This looks fantastic, Pryme! This approach is (AFAIK) really quite innovative, and it certainly does look like it's paying off. I'm interested in both your process and your tools. What are the major steps in the process? How long would you approximate that they each take? Do you consider this a viable method for map-making, or just an experiment? Which version of Cinema 4D are you using? What would you say the learning curve is like? I'm sorry for the barrage of questions, but this technique is resulting in some very impressive results, and I'm quite curious!

I am using r14 and am using the sketch and toon shaders, I belive this is going to be and extremely powerful too for generating large scale maps with so much detail it would take a human years to accomplish some of the things I can automatically generate.

I have developed these Generators that will be very useful:

Forrest Generator
    Bolder Generator
    Small Rock Generator
    Building Block Generator
    Scafolding/Deck/Wall generator

and will be making a city and roof generator along with a map item generator.

Currently I ca render hundreds of thousands of items on a map and can use the general topography tools to model extremely realistic landscapes.

Here is a preview of the deck generator in action its almost done but when it is the results are going to be amazing and the versitality of the tool will be able to build anything from docks to decks around buildings to buildings themselves and walkways between objects, this combined with my terrace generator that I will be making next will result in the most incredible results!

My maps will be able to be printed to any scale and will be able to cover entire table tops!

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	deck_gen1.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	65654

My Deck generator is nearly complete! This is going to be amazing, once I have this the idea I have for my map of docks full of viking ships and walkways weaving through a cliff side are soon with in reach. I am starting to be amazed at the power of the tool I am developing and look forward to every month try to make a new generation tool of some kind for 3d cartography!

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	deck2.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	65658

And here is a little teaser of my map in just black and white... nothing fancy being shown here yet I wanna wow you all when its time!
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Thors_Grace.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	65659

That is a section from just one camera... i have 58 cameras spread in a grid over the area of the map to get the whole thing rendered out then I will patch them together.

Finally I finished my deck and walkway generator! This will make this super easy to make any kind of wooden deck or walkway, here is a preview of the deck modual in 3d then a top town quick test render.

Name:	finished_Path_and_Deck.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	65682

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	decktest.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	65683

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	deck3.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	65685

here is the textured version of the generator... I think I may do the map from birds eye, and redo a few things... I think that would have more effect!

Just finished up a rope and tie off point generator, along with starting my Stage Item generator...

****s getting serous... I feel like I have spent 1000% more time developing my Fantasy Map Generators that I could have had a map well done by now, but every time I need an element instead of designing it a bunch of times I have been programing model generators that make things way more diverse and quick to deploy... a lot of my time right now is spent modeling really low polygon general items that will go into the Stage Item Generator and will be able to create hopefully millions of combinations of models to make unique elements on the fly example being a desk with a bunch of books and scrolls on it and each time you generate it the scrolls and books change, or you could even restrict the item sets that appear on it, and have it look like a wood workers desk or something...

I am also working on a automatic room decorator.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast