Thread: CC3 - Ice and different textures

Help CC3 - Ice and different textures

Hello! I was wondering if any of you that are familiar with CC3 could help me with something here. I want to have a section of a continent to be completely snow covered, but I have already drawn the base of the landmass. is there a way to sort of "paint" this snow texture over the land without having to use any line or fractal tools to effectively re-draw over my old continent?

Use a bitmap fill style to link in a bitmap texture file and you can fill the poly with the texture as you draw it.
    You can change the fill style of your poly to the new fill if you've already drawn it using the properties option.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Guild Journeyer

Draw a white multi-poly on its own sheet (or use a fill), and play with edge fades and glows, and maybe transparency, to get it to look like it's on top of the underlying terrain. If you've got the annual, look at the Pirate Isle video tutorials and see how he puts the tan terrain under the mountains.

Ah, so either way I will have to manually draw on top of my pre-existing poly. I know this isn't a raster based software like Photoshop but I can't select the area of the land mass so I don't have to go over it by hand with a pen tool or something?

Post Not a CC3 expert...

I am definitely not a Campaign Cartographer 3 expert, by any means, however, I believe this is a "sheet effects" thing. I know that RichardB, who hasn't been here in a while, does lots of work, especially tundra and icefields using "sheet effects" in CC3, these can stack and have a level of transparency to allow different layered effects show through.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer

BTW, Gameprinter, the links to your shopping cart are broken on your site.

I'll mess around witht he sheet effects but I still seem to be stuck with what I'm trying to do, which is: Cover an area of my landmass (which is already made) exactly as it is from the shore line to any other point without having to manually draw over it again. Is such a thing possible?

You could copy to a new Sheet your land mass, then EXPLODE the entity, erasing the areas that are not to be snow covered, then draw a path to represent the non-coastal region to have the snow/ice. Use the MUTIPOLY command to make them all a new polygon and then use sheet effects to do what others above have suggested.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ah, excellent. I will try this out!