I would like to commission an artist to create a custom map for me. The timing is short as I must have the map finished by august 1- approximately 3 weeks from now. I will gladly pay (via paypal) for the work. My budget is $1,500 which I hope reflects the tight deadline and the necessary partnering (and patience) as the artist progresses.. I can discuss details privately with an interested artist.

I am new to this site so will need to be contacted via my email. Please contact me at msimmons =AT= mailcan.com

subject
The map will be primarily of USA, heavily modified for our family history and family stories. This means USA will be drawn like a colonial map with a few small side drawings (see “Argonaut” map below for what I mean by side drawings) of Europe (really UK and Italy), Houston, and Cambridge. It is not a historically accurate map so there is substantial artistic flexibility for the artist. Please note that given the subject is ultimately family lore, this is really more of a fantasy map made to look like a 16th century map.
I can give more details on the “colonies” and the side drawings to the willing artist. I have a (very bad) draft of what I have in mind that I can forward to the interested artist. While my drawing looks cartoonish, I do not want the final product to look like a cartoon.

Style
I would like an antique style with color outlines- something akin to 16th century maps. Similar to the “argonaut” map at the following link

Historical Old Maps - Voyage of the Argonauts

or to max’s beautiful vardenia and urenia map on this site

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...nia-urenia.jpg

Quality and size
Ideally, this would be approximately 20 inches across and 16 inches tall. It needs to be suitable for framing.

This is strictly a personal gift and I would not like it reproduced (other than perhaps a copy for myself).

Respectfully Submitted,

texasmapfan