Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A chart of Central Orbani, Adjacent Isles, and the Northern part of the Wilds

Always a pleasure to see a new talented artist work here, welcome and congrats, great map!

Lovely map. I like the paper texture a lot. I once saw some art at a local market where the artist used all sorts of material like wine and coffee stains. Would love to know how you made yours.

This is a gem. Great art. love the little touches all over the map and the drawings labeling certain features. feels open but not bare. I like the spacing between everything as well nicely done!

Nice Municorn, fine looking map

Thanks guys! Sorry for the slow reply, I had some personal stuff going on which makes it hard to keep track of everything. I'll try to be a bit more active!

@Sharpes, I'll see if I still have screenshots /scans of that. I reinstalled my pc the other week and I threw out a lot of files, so I can't promise.

Municorn -- that's a gorgeous map. And of course I had to go off and read Spindrift, so there went a couple of hours - thank you! That's not a sarcastic "gee, thanks :-b" but a real thank you -- the art and the storytelling are both delightful.

I would be inclined to gently point out some of your rivers do unriver-ish things - the splitting behavior is implausible. In super-flat terrain, maybe - such as the limited area of a river delta. But major deviations where some water goes one way, some a wholly different other way - not often a reality. BUT. Having read Spindrift thus far, I could easily see some vengeful deity saying "Oh you stupid mortal - you think you can divide my realm with a sword. Fine - for the next thousand years you will divide this river". And the poor schmoe winds up anchored midstream, practically immortal, definitely having been set a task like Sysiphus - insanely broadened blade held in front of him as a vane, struggling to stand, facing upstream, with which he must constantly adjust the amount of water veering left from that veering right.... it would take something that drastic, or a mundane explanation like some river lines being canals, before you get branching instead of joining.

Some mappers explain things that don't work like physics or chemistry or earthly example predicts with a bland "well, because magic". Fine if someone wants to say that - it's their map - but it would seem like a cop-out. You however; I am curious to see whether you HAVE an in-story reason... because I bet you could come up with something believable :-).

The three main instances of this I see are just south of Pine Edge, just south of Millfield, and north of Vinuros.

But really the map is so pretty that I'd also be inclined to give you a pass and suspend disbelief :-).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12