Thread: Modern Ruins

Guild Member

Default Modern Ruins

This was my inspiration:
    30+ of the most beautiful abandoned places and modern ruins i've ever seen - Blog of Francesco Mugnai

Forget ancient temples and embattled keeps, how about mapping modern ruins? Abandoned rail yards, once-proud factories, melted down nuclear plants, a residential neighborhood after World War III, a scuttled aircraft carrier, you name it. I think it could be a lot of fun.

Nice idea Pineapple, i'm actually working exactly on this type of map on this month lite challenge and the theme is really fun to map

Guild Member

Ooops, that's what I get for taking a break from the forum for a couple months. I didn't realize the Lite Challenge this time around was for ruins. Well maybe this idea should wait a little while.

Well the theme of the lite challenge is just to map a ruin and isn't as specific as your suggestion, i think your idea is really cool for a challenge, the theme would force challengers to change from the classic fantasy maps, seeing more sci fi maps would be cool (but i'm partial as it's my subject this month)