Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I should finish.

Wip Things I should finish.

Here are a couple of WIP maps I really should crack on with and finish. Recently picked up a Wacom tablet which is great fun - very powerful tool. And, it lets me copy more experienced people easier, which is nice.

Any feedback would be appreciated (and dilligently recorded).

Stuff I should finish - Imgur

I tried emulating some of the work here (cough cough Max), with a more painterly style, so here is another WIP. I'm much more enthused about this one - quite likely to finish it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6KFjAkv.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	65715

Nice start. The dark coastal lines aren't matched well by the faded lines on the land features, either darken the one or fade the other and it will look a lot more consistent. I really like the shape of the coastlines.

Here's an update - thinking vaguely about the cities in this region, trade links, etc.

I finished off the mountains and rivers, and tweaked the overall settings as well.

Name:	Gat9P41.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	65742

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The forets need to be improved imho. The edges outlining looks too heavy and the coloring work is a bit confusing.

Yeah, that's a good call. I find them quite challenging, actually. I'm not sure what the strategy on shading them is, really... I'll try some other strategies.

Some changes to textures, colour tone and I reworked the forest - does it look a little better?

Name:	NPkHjda.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	65800

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You decreased opacity on the trees edge but I think the problem is on the forest edge outline though (a bit too thick and vague)

Name:	HcobEbV.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	65869

More... iterations. I added a grid for the sea, some placeholder icons for cities and some dotted lines for roads. And some paint on the land.
    Still working on forest - different look this time. Maybe better.

And, the current update. Mostly finished with the geography, although still love feedback. Trying to figure out what labels I need and how they'll work out.

Name:	OLed6Nq.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	65920

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast