Thread: TROPICO ISLAND: more maps on sail fragments

Wip TROPICO ISLAND: more maps on sail fragments

I've been having so much fun working on these "torn sails" that I had to do another. My daughter has been after me again for another map to play with and she likes the look of the canvas sails over the bamboo, so...here is Tropico Island. The image has 1 inch off the left side cut off due to the size limits of my scanner. Once its finished (very soon) I will get a complete scan posted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tropico Island WIP.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	66164

Ha! Now that's a fun map! Do you mean canvas on a bamboo frame? What medium are you painting with, and how big is the original?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thank you Chashio. In reference to the bamboo: a previous map I did, I drew directly onto a bamboo sushi roller. I used felt markers and it was about 11"x14". Was having trouble with the bamboo sticks rolling (thus distorting the image), so I have picked up a few flat bamboo placemats to help with that on future pieces. It is posted in one of my albums.
    I really like using alternative mediums lately (well I've always used grocery bags) but the bamboo and "sail" fragments have got the idea pot steaming.
    On this one, as well as "Ming's lair" in my WIP album, are done with felt tip markers and measure in at 12"x17". For maps I do on paper, I use pencil, ink and oil pastel pencils.