Thread: CC3 / DD3 / CD3 - Cemetery

Help CC3 / DD3 / CD3 - Cemetery

Hi all!

Been a lurker and admirer for a long time, and finally had the courage to spend some money on a mapping software and start learning.

My software of choice was CC3, with CD 3 and DD3 add-ons. I watched all the official video tutorials, but although I grasped some of the basic concepts, I still can't seem to be albe to get out of zero %!

The particular difficulty I'm having is deciding which of the 3 tools would be more adequate to map a regular, run-on-the-mill cemetery battlemap. I'm looking for a two sided cemetery, one for the rich, one for the poor people, and this last one has been messed up.

The tools are certainly powerful, but, for instance, when using DD3, I couldn't find a grass floor filling, which I found very weird.

Anyway, could you guys shed some light to me, or at least point me to the answers?

Thanks a lot!!

Banned User

Hi almeidafreak, welcome (back) to the Guild I'm glad you also had the courage to post again finally

If I were doing it, I'd use CD3. I think it has better above-ground mapping tools. I also would go over to the Dundjinni forum:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=8

... and do a search for key words like cemetery, grave, tomb, tombstone, burial mound, coffin, pyre, crypt, etc. You'll find a wide variety of very useful symbols there that you can download free that will substantially extend your options. I already can see that some of the fancy crypt symbols there will enhance the rich side of the cemetary, where damaged gravestones will fit nicely into your poor side.
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 03-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    If I were doing it, I'd use CD3. I think it has better above-ground mapping tools. I also would go over to the Dundjinni forum:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=8

... and do a search for key words like cemetery, grave, tomb, tombstone, burial mound, coffin, pyre, crypt, etc. You'll find a wide variety of very useful symbols there that you can download free that will substantially extend your options. I already can see that some of the fancy crypt symbols there will enhance the rich side of the cemetary, where damaged gravestones will fit nicely into your poor side.
    Thanks a lot for aswering guys! I'll look into it!