Thread: How much do very high resolution map commissions cost?

Question How much do very high resolution map commissions cost?

I am posting this here rather than in the mapmaking requests board because I do not yet have a map to request. Instead I am looking for a price range on approximately how much it will cost so I can start saving up. I am looking to commission a very large and high resolution map (in the range of 5,000 to 7,000 pixels in each dimension) of a fantasy continent.

An example of a style similar to what I'm looking for can be found in Levodoom's Arganorh maps on deviantart. The following link goes to this map.
    Arganorh - The Twin Continents by Levodoom on deviantART

So my question is how much would a map similar to this (but with more labels for cities, towns, etc.) cost to commission.?

If this thread is in the wrong place could a mod please move it?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Prices can vary depending artists ( and many parameters like skill level, style etc.) so I would suggest to refine a map request and discuss with the applicants about their quotes.

I am not entirely sure what a refined map request entails. Basic sketches? Detailed sketches? Place names? World history?

I'm not looking for a specific price but more of just a general idea of cost. Is it likely to be less than $100? More than $100? More than $500? etc
    Last edited by pickes500; 07-15-2014 at 12:13 AM.

definitely more than 100$ but it depend on what you want

to ''refine'' your request: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...e-read-me.html

Thanks guys. I'll get to work on putting together an actual request.