Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WIP - map for novel and campaign setting

Guild Member

It's been several weeks since I last logged on this site and you were still deciding what to do with rivers back then. Now I come back and I see this. Absolutely stunning progress! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous of how this is turning out; my own map is currently in progress hell. Nonetheless, keep it up and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by RazielKilsenhoek View Post
    It's been several weeks since I last logged on this site and you were still deciding what to do with rivers back then. Now I come back and I see this. Absolutely stunning progress! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous of how this is turning out; my own map is currently in progress hell. Nonetheless, keep it up and keep us posted!
    Thanks! Not sure I'd want to go this detailed with another map for a while, though. This has taken a crazy amount of work.
    “What is a fantasy map but a space beyond which There Be Dragons? On the Discworld we know that There Be Dragons Everywhere. They might not all have scales and forked tongues, but they Be Here all right, grinning and jostling and trying to sell you souvenirs. ”
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook
    - My old Traveller actual play podcast
    - My upcoming DND cloak and dagger actual play podcast

Aaaaalright. Finally finished the geographical map. Took nearly 2 months of pretty solid work. I need to add the legend next, but after that, things are going to slow down as I need to create the nations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryselia geo.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.61 MB 
ID:	67164

When I started this map, I was setting out to make the best map I've ever done. I think I've probably achieved that. Not done by a long shot, but I'm probably going to pause here for a breather for a bit.
    “What is a fantasy map but a space beyond which There Be Dragons? On the Discworld we know that There Be Dragons Everywhere. They might not all have scales and forked tongues, but they Be Here all right, grinning and jostling and trying to sell you souvenirs. ”
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook
    - My old Traveller actual play podcast
    - My upcoming DND cloak and dagger actual play podcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345