Thread: The most beautitull maps of Fantasy ficiton?

Default The most beautitull maps of Fantasy ficiton?

Hello , what are for you the most interesting shapes and maps of the fantasy world made till now by fantasy fiction authros as well as games or the like?
    Also classify them according not only on beauty of draw , but also on realism , and shape definition ...

One of my favourites are the Hyborian age map that mi ics a kind of future pangea world , also Tolkien map but its kind of flat and boring somehow , the mars map of John Carter of mars , the Dune world map ( nothing special bit I found interesting to have a map based on pole. For rest I dom't know many maps.
    The one of elder scrols honestly its pretty unrealistic .
    The Magnamund map of lome wolf was pretty interesting and ultradetailed.
    Last edited by Naima; 07-12-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Guild Novice

The map in 'Banner Saga' is very much along the lines of what you posted. Noting like a complex story in a clean, simple design.

I was always really fond of the district maps in the game Dishonored. I wish I had taken screenshots of some of the other - the bridge district one is especially fabulous.

I second that Larb. Saw them once when my little brother played that game. They are absolutely stunning!

Regarding maps that I have seen outside of the Guild, I enjoyed the look of the maps in the Mistborn series, as well as the map in Shadow and Bone. The map for the series RWBY from Roosterteeth has an interesting shape even if there isn't very much else there http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...2/WorldMap.png

Some of the maps that I used to think were amazing don't seem to amount to much compared to what I see all the time on this site.

By Larb
    I was always really fond of the district maps in the game Dishonored. I wish I had taken screenshots of some of the other - the bridge district one is especially fabulous.
    You mean, like that one ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaldwins_bridge_map.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	67703

Thanks a lot for making me discovering those very excellent maps!

Yes, that's the one! The game has a really interesting setting too. A sort of victorian-inspired coastal city with elements of Tesla-ish super science, magic, and some horror themes. And whale oil is a really important fuel source.

I also just found this post on Deviantart, Asperia world map by Tsabo6 on deviantART