Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Shrine

Thanks Larb, I'm still using a mouse but I ordered a graphics tablet which will arrive today. I'm looking forward to try drawing with the tablet.

I'm also hoping that you will post some more of these wonderful buildings.

Best Chris

I love the Tulou shape that you used. The concept of an 'Apartment complex' where all of the homes are built within a single, unified shape, would make them collectively more defensible than they would ever be as individual structures. It's almost like someone combined the idea of a round keep and a village into a single structure.

I could totally see something like this being used in areas that are constantly under threat of attack by raiders. It probably wouldn't last long against a siege, but would probably give the hit-and-run tactics of a raider something to deal with.
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

I have actually done a bunch more buildings but for some of them I just haven't bothered with floor plans so they aren't very "mappy". My latest one I haven't done floor plans for yet either but I intend to - although I am just considering mapping the central keep.

This is Castle Galbrin. It sits on a rocky outcrop in the middle of a river which runs through an independent city (the City of Galbrin). The city is quite large now though so the castle is just used as a prison - the round keep part that is. Actual government has been moved to a palace elsewhere in the city. It is a WiP at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galbrincastle.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	67425  

Excellent castle, well done. This looks like it could be easily converted to floorplans that would actually work.

I didn't do the floor plans for Galbrin Castle yet - I did a few other buildings including this next one.

This is Kallamway Keep - it is a toll castle. Travelers on foot can avoid it but anyone with a wagon or cart cannot.

This map was partly inspired by this one on Dyson's blog here which I suspect some of you may have already come across.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kallamwaykeep.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	67988  

Guild Journeyer

@Larb
    Wow! Great stuff. You ever do a whole village or town? I would love to see it.

Wow this thread is wonderful. I particularly like the Clan roundhouse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123