Thread: Local Land Map for a DnD campaign.

Help Local Land Map for a DnD campaign.

Hi there fellow map creators! I am in the middle of creating a basic map detailing roads, forests, mountains, cities etc for the area in which my DnD campaign will be taking place. I have been using the basic tools on the website www.roll20.com
    However, the limitations of these tools are clear. They cannot create beautiful maps as i know you all can and the more of the tools you use, the more laggy the webpage becomes due to having to load everything. This has caused a few complaints from the people in my group as some of them do not have very good computers which can handle this. It will also cause problems when trying to transfer maps to another DM (we are playing a rotating DM group). However, if we could get a map that is in a JPEG format (or similar), then it would be very easy to transfer over.
    My request is for someone to please create a map showing the major landmarks in a JPEG format. I would like it to be in a style similar to the standard map of Eberron in DnD.
    Here is what i have created already with those basic tools: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DnD map.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	65802
    The light green is plains and low hills. Dark Green is forest. Medium green is marshes. Grey is Mountains (in the middle is one very large mountain). Light yellow are roads. The larger patch of yellow is desert. Blue is the sea/river/lake. (Red represents cities/towns/villages)

I would appreciate anyone recreating this map in the proposed style!

I can also pay for your time if you require it.

If you have any questions, please email me at: shnigda--at--gmail--dot--com (remove '--at--' and '--dot--' and replace with '@' and '.' respectively)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shnigda; 07-17-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

I've dropped you an email :-)

Thanks!