Thread: Cliffside Cave of Cannibal Halfings

Default Cliffside Cave of Cannibal Halfings

I'm working on a "village" of cannibal halfling savages living in a cliffside cave next to tall rain forest trees with waterfalls - that's the plan at least.

For now, I've created 3D models of giant tarantula with saddles and spear wielding halfling riders. I usually don't create the monsters and inhabitants, but doing so would inspire me for what I need to include.

The subdivisional surface 3D modeling was done in Izware Nendo 1.1, exported as .3DS, imported to Raydream Studio and rendered with shadows, no textures. Exported a JPG. Imported to Xara Designer Pro, clipped the image into a vector shape, and given transparent overlays of color onto the clipped JPG.

Moving right along...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider-rider1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	65791
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Rather than creating an entire tree house, I've opted to make tree house parts, like the circular platform below around the trunk or major branch of a large tree with bamboo pole flooring and supports. I'll also make some swinging bridges, stairs, other platforms and perhaps a platform house. Once I get all the parts made I'll see about assembling a sample tree house and cliff dwelling for the cannibal halflings.

GP

Name:	treehouse-platform.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	65803
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Used the tree house platform as a base to create a platform home.

GP

Name:	platform-home.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	65805
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Member

Looking nice and very crisp. Are those hammocks?

Hammocks for sure. I can't imagine how else to best sleep in a treehouse. In a strong wind, the tree moves, thus a hammock would be condusive to react favorably to wind conditions.
    DrivethruRPG store

Arboreal village with platforms, platform homes, connecting ladders, swinging bridges - located on two trees, probably more off page. The long swinging bridge on the center right will go to the cliff-dwelling, which I'll make next. The four posts next to the center platform of top tree is the start of a lift. The homes and platforms are roofed, and the platform in the bottom left corner shows such a roof in place. Spider corral, holding cells, larder and kitchen are in the cliff-dwelling part. Fires are banned from use in the tree house portions. Will add the ground level and possible creek, last. This is a JPG, as the 100 ppi PNG at this scale was too big a file.

GP

Name:	treehouse-village.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	65810
    DrivethruRPG store

Last update for the night. Cliffs and caves added, creek area added. Still more detail to go. Lots in caves and ground level as well as finish the creek. Moving right along!

GP

Name:	treehouse-cliff-cave.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	65812
    DrivethruRPG store

Thanks, Torq!

The arboreal village of cannibal halfling spider riders and their cliff cave stronghold near the falls of the Torinocco River in the rain forests of the Lost Realms. Enjoy!

Name:	arboreal-halfling-village-final.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	65817
    DrivethruRPG store