Thread: July 2014 Challenge: Barbarian Invasion Plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip July 2014 Challenge: Barbarian Invasion Plans

Alright, first map I'm showing here, yikes.. So I read the challenge for this month and saw what everyone else was doing, then the idea for this map came into my head. Pretty much the idea was for extremely childish and crude invasion plans that a barbarian chief had drawn up. I've been working through making the parchment slowly today, and will continue fixing it up as I go along, but I wanted to get the text and drawing down before calling it a wrap for the night. I don't in a million years think this'll get the golden compass, but I figured this wouldn't be a bad way to break the ice and get into doing the monthly challenges haha. Tell me what you think!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barbarian Invasion Ripped v1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	65806

(My self-conscious self can't help but make me say I actually do make serious maps too, I'll post them soon in the Finished Maps section.)

Guild Member

This gave me a good laugh =P It reminds me a lot of the Hobbes from the Fable videogame series, or maybe how the simpler Orcs from the Warhammer universe would make a map. Honestly, it looks like something you'd find as a quest item in Fable. It's your second post but I'll still say welcome to the guild. I hope to see more of your work soon!

I'm glad, I wasn't sure if you lot would find it as funny as I did And thank you very much, I've actually got a commission I filled from this site that I should post, probably gonna get around to that tomorrow!

I love it!

SUPER LAST MINUTE TIME! Parents visiting and social life got in the way for a few weeks but I had this evening to work on the map! So i added some blood (a lot, really) to the map to make it seem as though it did belong to a chieftain. I also added some shadowing to the edges to make the parchment seem more realistic. Let's see how this does in the voting process haha!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v66Myv0.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1,022.0 KB 
ID:	66168