Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something ain't working right!

Default Something ain't working right!

I received this today. I hope someone can help the good lady. Her E-Mail address is yodercm-at-earthlink.net.

Hi Mark,

I am sorry to bother you with something that is not really your problem, but I haven’t been able to find anyone else to ask.

I signed up at the Cartographer’s Guild website, but never got any kind of confirmation/authorization email. You are a frequent contributor there, and so I am hoping you can shed some light on how I can get access.

I am able to log in, but not to post or contact anyone. I can see some things in the forum, but other things tell me I’m not authorized. I cannot find any way to get past this.

I have tried the Contact Us link, and the link seemed to work, but never any answer or help. It’s like no one is managing the website, or at least no one that cares. I cannot find any direct email address to anyone in management of that site.

Is there anyone you know of that I can contact directly to get help?

Regards,
    Cornelia Yoder
    (“chick” on that website)
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

You need to make at least 5 posts before you can send or receive private messages, etc.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    You need to make at least 5 posts before you can send or receive private messages, etc.
    Sure. But she says she can't post either. so a bigger worm must be swallowing something.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

OK, well then a CL/moderator needs to handle the issue, then. Have you tried to contact one of the CLs?
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Mark,

I don't see her as being signed up. I don't see the email address or the username "chick" assuming that that is her username.

Can you ask her to try signing up again?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	358.9 KB 
ID:	65925 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	65926 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	268.8 KB 
ID:	65927

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	494.4 KB 
ID:	65928 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG5.jpg 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	65929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG6.jpg 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	65930

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Mark,

I don't see her as being signed up. I don't see the email address or the username "chick" assuming that that is her username.

Can you ask her to try signing up again?
    Obviously, there's a Catch 22 going on here. I passed on your advice, but she can't sign up again because she already is signed up. The screen shots above, which she sent to me, will make that quite clear. She really would like to get active as a member, but she can't do anything. She can't make her 5 initial posts because she can't post at all. She can't contact Tech Support. About all she can do is sign in and sign out.

She's contacted me for help because she knows that I'm a member, but I can't help her at all other than to contact you folks for her ... seeing that she can't contact you.

It would be really great if someone would contact her and help try to solve this problem. Her address:

yodercm-at-earhlink.net

It's seems that if a cartographer wants to get active with us, we should do our best to get them up and running.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

I agree that we definitely need to take care of her.

Okay, I was able to find her finally, and she is marked as waiting for email confirmation. So, it would appear that she hasn't gone through the email confirmation process. Can you check with her, and ask her to check her spam folders and see if perhaps the confirmation email was blocked? Let me know if she still can't find it. It would be easiest if she could go through the confirmation process, but I think there is a way for me to make her active, but I need to check on that to be sure.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Will do. Thanks.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Okay, I was able to find her finally, and she is marked as waiting for email confirmation. So, it would appear that she hasn't gone through the email confirmation process. Can you check with her, and ask her to check her spam folders and see if perhaps the confirmation email was blocked? Let me know if she still can't find it. It would be easiest if she could go through the confirmation process, but I think there is a way for me to make her active, but I need to check on that to be sure.
    Good morning (European time)!

I passed this on. Here's Cornelia Yoder's reply:

Please tell him that yes, I was expecting it and watched for it, never got anything, and when I first contacted you, I also checked again in my
    "deleted" and "junk" folders. I even went on to the ISP level of my email
    account and checked there. I have nothing in my junk or virus folders
    blocked by earthlink either. As far as I can tell, I have never received
    anything from that site.

By the way, I've also searched all my entire set of email folders for "carto" and "guild" and by the date of the signup 7/12/14 .... nothing.

Cheers,
    Cornelia

Next step?
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Apparently I'm unable to switch her over, and I can't find anyway to resend the confirmation email. I've sent an email to Arcana to see if he can either fix it, or point me to the solution. It also looks like she isn't the only one that this has happened to, so I may have to get the other mods to do similar things for the others.

In the meantime, she is welcome to come check out the Cartographer's Guild Community on Google+, if she is interested. As of right now, we have 193 members and it is getting much more active. I know that isn't the solution to the current issue, but it is an alternative while she waits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast