Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Land of Eroer

Guild Novice

Map The Land of Eroer

Here is a map I created for a fantasy short film. The film is currently in post production. The map was created in Photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summoned_Map_vs_2c_Small.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	818.6 KB 
ID:	65829  

Really nice work! I especially like the paper/parchment texture you have on it, looks very genuine.

A good map but the biggest problem is the river of golden tears. It's not a river, it look more like a strait or a canal. You should split it somewhere.

I like the old feel of it. Good Job!

Guild Novice

Thanks for the comment. It actually had been deliberately made this way as per the client. I have actually been thinking of making a variant of the map for myself that would split the river, as this is an unusual feature.

I have questioned a publisher's depiction of what is needed (river wise and other geographic attributes) for a given map commission. In one case, a publisher deferred to my judgement on how best to depict it properly. In another case the publisher defended his geologic incompatibility with specfic requirements for a unique setting, so in that case, I shouldn't change the geography. I never blindly create a map for commission without requesting additional information concerning geological/geographical inconsistencies I might find in a publisher's rough draft for reference. I always ask first.
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I have questioned a publisher's depiction of what is needed (river wise and other geographic attributes) for a given map commission. In one case, a publisher deferred to my judgement on how best to depict it properly. In another case the publisher defended his geologic incompatibility with specfic requirements for a unique setting, so in that case, I shouldn't change the geography. I never blindly create a map for commission without requesting additional information concerning geological/geographical inconsistencies I might find in a publisher's rough draft for reference. I always ask first.
    I think Gonzotron pointed out that the client deliberately made it that way.

It's a very nice map Gonzotron. I like the color and the feel of it.

Yes, I understand, I can read what Gonzotron posted as well. I was clarifying that I specifcally ask a client their intentions, and explain why I consider the geologic/geographic anamoly a problem. A publisher needs to give me the "why" of an issue, and not just make me do what I'm being paid for doing.
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yes, I understand, I can read what Gonzotron posted as well. I was clarifying that I specifcally ask a client their intentions, and explain why I consider the geologic/geographic anamoly a problem. A publisher needs to give me the "why" of an issue, and not just make me do what I'm being paid for doing.
    Oh I didn't get that you understood. Just that you were correcting him without having seen that he's already said exactly what you told him.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Very cool! Did you letter it by hand? Beautiful labels.

Edit:

So I am stupid

What font is that? It is stunning
    Last edited by AslanC; 07-23-2014 at 10:21 PM.