Quote Originally Posted by s0meguy View Post
Thanks. Are there good reasons to assume that the creation of such artificial wormholes/portals that connect one part of space to another is physically impossible, no matter how advanced and beyond our understanding the technology used to create them is?
Eh. The beauty of science fiction is that you can invent such technologies. But no, as of present, we have nothing. I suppose you'd need something to create antigravity, which isn't impossible according to the equations.

I wonder about the nature of the "electric planet" that is mentioned on that page, but there is no article for it, and I can't find anything about it either.
A lot of the exoplanetology is so new that you have to take it with a grain of salt. It' a lot of hypothetical extraction from limited data. I haven't heard of that particular one, either, honestly.

What could a "Chthonian planet" look like? (A gas giant stripped of gas, leaving only it's core) From my limited understanding, it would basically be a huge terrestial planet, possibly with a remnant of the gas giant's atmosphere, still having an atmospheric density multiple times that of Earth. I suppose it would be difficult for such a planet to support life, also because to become a Chthonian planet in the first place, it would have to be close enough to a star for it to strip away its atmosphere. From what I have read, the composition of gas giant cores is unknown, and is only speculated. What would be some strange properties that such a planet could have, especially ones that would influence life on it?
Your ideas on the Chthonians sound about right to me. We know that the hydrogen deeeeeeep in Jupiter start acting more like a liquid metal than a gas. I suppose that would all change once that atmosphere boils away, but I'd like to think that that could have SOME cool sci-fi like effect. Maybe a highly magnetized surface? I would also guess life would have to evolve to tolerate extreme heat, winds, and pressure changes. Maybe they'd only live underground. That surface sounds pretty harsh.