Hi all, very pleased to have stumbled upon this forum. From only a brief perusal I can see there are a lot of talented members here. In my spare time, I have recently drawn my first fantasy map and I guess I'm after some kind of feedback, since I really enjoyed this project and would like to make more of these eventually. I come from a background of cartooning rather than cartography, so this was definitely a learning experience for me and ended up taking the better part of three days.

Obviously I am going for a sort of whimsical, Tolkienian look rather than striving for complete geographical accuracy. The place names were made up by me, and I'm pretty much a fantasy novice outside of Tolkien, HBO's Game of Thrones, and a few other things, so hopefully they haven't already been taken by earlier (and presumably better) fantasists hehe. On my part, I think the map gets too busy in places and is rather messy in parts as well. I made the mistake of doing this on a scrap of 9"x5" paper, next time I will definitely work larger. The lettering could certainly be improved as well. I drew it first in pencil and finished with pen and ink. Would love to hear any comments or criticisms from you guys. Hopefully I'm posting the image correctly...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img035.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	65881